Nijmegen June 19th 2018
Job offer at Khondrion
Laboratory Technician (cell culture, compound testing)
Khondrion is a clinical stage pharmaceutical company focused on the development of innovative therapies for inherited mitochondrial diseases.
Khondrion seeks a reliable, flexible and highly-motivated lab technician to support the activities of the research team. The successful candidate will be familiar with general cell biology laboratory techniques, general lab maintenance, and responsible for culture of various cell lines and testing compounds.
Laboratory Technician Responsibilities:
- The primary responsibilities will include all aspects of cell culture (starting, maintenance and freezing cell lines) and compounds testing in cell-based assays.
- Compound management (shipment etc).
- Performing basic calculations and data analysis and interact with colleagues to report research results and outcomes.
- Maintain and update laboratory notebooks.
- Maintain and update inventory of laboratory supplies and ordering of materials and reagents.
- Perform general maintenance in the laboratory.
Laboratory Technician Skills, Experience & Requirements:
- The successful candidate must have a BSc/MSc in Biology, Biotechnology or a related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of cell culture experience, ideally from industry experience.
- Must have superior organizational skills with attention to detail, the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and accurately, and be able to adjust rapidly to shifting priorities and variable workloads.
- Must be able to communicate well in oral/written format (Dutch and English) and must possess adequate computer skills for word processing and data management.
Application closing date: September 1st 2018
Contact: Please send your motivation letter and curriculum vitae to:
Julien Beyrath, COO